Short Soul News From February

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

George Benson currently preparing for his new album and cutting tracks in New York with producers Barry Eastmond and Wayne Brathwaite.

Randy Muller’s new find is Full Circle whose debut single, “Working Up A Sweat”, is doing just that in the U.K. clubs on import. Like other Muller acts B.T. Express, Brass Construction and Skyy, Full Circle hail from Brooklyn.

Chaka Khan's new single is the Charlie Singleton-penned “Earth To Mickey’ taken from her Grammy-nominated “Destiny” album.

New Yorker Willie Colon aim to repeat the chart success of his 1986 hit “Set Fire To Me” with his new outing on A&M entitled “She Don’t Know I’m Alive” which is already making impressive strides in the U.S. dance charts. The new single, written and produced by Colon, is available in both 7” and 12” format with the latter featuring a Dub 2 and extended version of the A-side and a previously unavailable mix of “Set Fire To Me” — the Latin Jazzbo Mix.

Fast hitting legendary status. New York deejay cum producer Larry Levan is currently producing a new act Manfriday for Warner Brothers with Jellybean and Bob Caviano acting as exec producers.

Former Time member Monte Moir is starting his own production outfit in Minneapolis where he’s producing Aurra for Virgin U.S. and a new band, St. Paul, for MCA.

Madhouse, an instrumental band signed to Prince’s Paisley Park label, have released their debut album in America entitled “8” which features eight songs each titled after a different number. No producer credit is given but longtime Prince engineer, Susan Rogers, is. Reportedly, the cover, inspired by the Fellini film 8 1/2, will cause much comment.

Meli’sa Morgan’s track on the “Golden Child” soundtrack, “Deeper Love” has been released as a single Stateside.

Blackmon strides on. Cameo’s Larry Blackmon is planning a film “A Tacky Guy” that will
feature many of those actors who have appeared in Cameo videos. Shooting commences in the spring.

Chubb Rock is the latest “heavyweight” rapper to enter the arena following The Fat Boys and Heavy D & The Boyz. The latest overweight rap is out on U.S. Select Records.

Included in the female artists roster taking part in the Eve Bites Back stint at The Shaw Theatre in London’s Euston Road from February 26th to 28th is Ruby Turner who appears at the venue on 26th. Ruby’s new single is “I’d Rather Go Blind” on Jive Records.

Hugh Maskela has signed an exclusive recording contract with WEA Records who release his new album “Tomorrow” this week which includes Hugh’s anthem for the imprisoned Nelson Mandela, “Bring Him Back Home**. The album reflects the socio-political consctounev» which has always been a major ingredient of the Maskela profile with the vocals ranging from three South African languages Sotho, Tswana, Zulu to English.

Copyright © 2004 - 2024 SOULANDFUNKMUSIC.COM. All Rights Reserved.