James 'd-train' Williams - Miracles Of The Heart (Album Of Week 36)

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

James 'd-train' Williams Miracles Of The Heart (1986) ( COLUMBIA (CBS) Records / BFC 40465 )
James 'd-train' Williams - Miracles Of The Heart James 'd-train' Williams - Miracles Of The Heart
1) You Are Everything
2) Oh How I Love You (girl)
3) Miracle Of The Heart
4) Misunderstanding
5) Let Me Love You
6) Ice Melts Into Rain
7) I Got Your Number
8) Stand Up And Fight
Buy This CD From FUNKY TOWN GROOVES Now!
James Williams and producer, arranger, general Mr. Talent Hubert Eaves III couple up again for their debut album on a new label but unfortunately can't keep up the steam of the excellent, definitive D-Train style lead single "You Are Everything" a track that reminds us just who had been around the 'house' for a goodly while.

There is, however, one excellent dancer here called "Misunderstanding", but this has taken a leaf out of Bronx boy Mantronik's book with its popping 'Ladies' bass line and works a treat for it.

There are other dance cuts like "Let Me Love You", "I Got Your Number" and, the best of the three, "Stand Up And Fight"' but they are, by this team's high standards, lame and a touch poppy.

Williams also has a serious crack at the old balladeering and, although his growl does waver occasionally on this more demanding style, "Ice Melts In To Rain" (featuring the marvellous guitarist Hyram Bullock) at least works.

Copyright © 2004 - 2024 SOULANDFUNKMUSIC.COM. All Rights Reserved.