Gene Van Buren - What's Your Pleasure (Album Of Week 32)

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

Gene Van Buren What's Your Pleasure (1982) ( MOTOWN Records / 6015TL )

Gene Van Buren - What's Your Pleasure
Gene Van Buren - What's Your Pleasure
1) Action
2) Enjoy Yourself
3) When Is My Turn
4) You've Got Me Where I Want You
5) What's Your Pleasure
6) I Give Good Love
7) I Love You More
8) Rock The House
9) One

With a voice similar to Glenn Jones, intensive and passionate, van Buren delivered a very strong debut with a mix of soul and funk. Among the fast tracks two fantastic smokers exceeds the rest by a far margin in "Enjoy yourself" and "Rock the house". Two fantastic songs with so much joy presented in a outstanding mix of soul and funk with the main weight laying on the latter. Buren stretches his voice to the very limit of his ability but it never get out of hand. Buren always keeps the harmony in place and he does it in an excellent way. It's just sweet, tasty and indisputably awesome soul funk music that will make anyone happy and filled with a spiritual experience! The rest of the LP also includes dens and funky "Action" and likewise funky "I give you good love" with a touching song effort. Buren also manage to deliver three excellent ballads in "When is my turn" (with a short and blissful Toots Thieleman inspired passage), "I love you more (than I hate what you do)" and "One", all performed with sensitivity and finesse.
A track of this album will be broadcast on The Soul Of Unity show every thursday night from 21:00 till 23:00 (GMT +1) . To request a song from this album for broadcast you can send an This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to the Soul Of Unity Crew.
Buy This CD From FunktownGrooves.com Now!

Copyright © 2004 - 2024 SOULANDFUNKMUSIC.COM. All Rights Reserved.